For a burn permit please call
Check out our Facebook Page
OPEN BURNING REQUIREMENTS
By accepting a permit, you agree to abide by the following requirements:
1. No burning shall be done before 8:00 a.m. or later than 7:00 p.m.
2. Fires shall be under constant observance by the permittee, or other competent person acting for him, and shall not be permitted to smolder, give off heavy smoke, flying sparks, noxious odors, or otherwise create a nuisance in the neighborhood.
3. Material burned under this permit shall not contain tree stumps, bones, rags, rubber, petroleum products, plastics, asphalt or composition roofing, tar, tar paper, paints, or be too wet or compact to burn freely.
4. The person whom this permit is issued shall be responsible for such fire and the observance of the above conditions. A violation of or failure to observe any of said conditions by said permittee, or by any other person acting under this permit, shall constitute a misdemeanor by the permittee as well as by such other person, and the permit may be revoked.
Warning: DO NOT BURN OPEN FIRES WHEN WIND IS BLOWING OR NEAR ANY COMBUSTIBLE STRUCTURES!
EXAMPLES OF OPEN BURNS: (examples are not all inclusive)
· Burning of brush and tree trimmings on residential or commercial property brush and tree trimmings must be cut from the permit location. (Material to be burned may not be hauled or brought in from outside the permit property.)
· Burning of cut trees, vegetation or other clean wood for recreational enjoyment.
During the months of May through October you are required to keep track of the Idaho DEQ air quality and burn ban restrictions. You can find that information at the link below.